Hans Remembers- Wednesday November 18, 1970 -50 Years Ago.
- World Heavyweight Boxing Champion Smokin’ Joe Frazier disposed of Bob Foster in the second round to retain his title- and up his career record to 26-0- in a fight at Cobo Arena in Detroit. Frazier’s next date was with Muhammad Ali- in the Fight Of The Century on March 8, 1971.
- The Killer Jerry Lee Lewis divorced his wife Myra Gale Brown after 13 years of marriage. Myra was the wife who Jerry Lee married when she was 13- severely damaging his career. Jerry Lee turns to abstinence and sobriety- that new lifestyle lasts only a few months.
- Journalist Megyn Kelly born 50 years ago in Champaign, Illinois. She was at Fox News from 2004-2017 and then at NBC 2017-2018. Her star rose quickly in 2016 with her exchanges with Donald Trump and then faded just as quickly. Today she does a podcast.
- Actress Peta Wilson born 50 years ago today in Sydney, Australia. Wilson best known for the show La Femme Nikita.
- Cincinnati Reds catcher Johnny Bench wins the 1970 National League MVP Award.
- Chemist Linus Pauling declares that large doses of Vitamin C could ward off the common cold.
- In a special message to Congress- POTUS Richard Milhous Nixon asks for an appropriation of an additional one billion dollars for foreign aid. Almost half would be earmarked for Israel and $150 million to South Korea. The Tricky One asked for another $155 million to prop up the government of Cambodia in its fight against the Khmer Rouge and North Vietnam.