Goal is to listen to 1500 different albums in a 12 month period.
TODAY- 6 different albums. Total for 67 days- 421 different albums. On pace for 2294.
- JOHNNY CASH: AMERICAN III: SOLITARY MAN: 2000: 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Cash was starting to show the signs of illness, between his second album and third album with Rick Ruben he had been hospitalized. His voice isn’t as strong but the performances continue to shine.
- PET SHOP BOYS: POP/ART: 2003 DICS 1 POP:5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: A double disc greatest hits. After initial success in the US in the 1980’s- they haven’t had a hit since 1988 but they continue to be popular in the UK. Great pop music.
- PET SHOP BOYS: POP/ART: 2003: DISC 2 ART: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS.
- CROWDED HOUSE:RECURRING DREAM: 2003: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Probably the greatest hits- best of album that I play the most. If defending my claim that Neil Finn is one of the greatest living songwriters- my first presentation would be this album- 19 songs- 70:09 of perfection.
- THE EVERLY BROTHERS: HEARTACHES AND HARMONIES: DISC 1: 1994: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. A 4 disc Everly Brothers box-set released by Rhino. Has all the essentials on it. Disc 1 is tremendous- the early hits are on this one.
- CROWDED HOUSE: AFTERGLOW: 1999: 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. Rarities and outtakes from the band 1985-95. Good stuff, what’s not to like more songs by Neil Finn!