Billboard Top 40 Hits 1971: #29: “Ask Me No Questions”- B.B. King. February 13, 1971.
- Single: “Ask Me No Questions’- B.B. King
- Record Company- ABC Records
- Genre: Blues
- Written by B.B. King
- Time: 3:08
- B-side:”Nobody Loves Me But My Mother”
- Album- Indianola Mississippi Seeds
- Peaked at #40 10 weeks in the Billboard Hot 100.
B.B. King was having his greatest chart successes in the late 60’s -early 70’s. This single barely cracked the Top 40- it features Leon Russell on piano and Ringo Starr’s future brother in law- Joe Walsh on rhythm guitar. B.B. King- born Riley King in 1925- died at the age of 89 in 2015. A legendary-blues singer- guitarist- on the Billboard Pop Hot 100 he had 35 Hot 100 hits with 6 making the Top 40 from 1957-89. His biggest hit was “The Thrill Is Gone” #15 in 1969. He was elected into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 1987. He had 76 R&B hit singles.