Every Billboard Hot 100 Single 1970: #264: ” Who’s Gonna Take The Blame”- Smokey Robinson and The Miracles. May 23, 1970.
- Single: “Who’s Gonna Take The Blame”- Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
- Record Company- Tamla
- Genre: Soul
- Written by Nick Ashford and Valerie Simpson
- Time: 3:34
- B-side: “I Gotta Thing For You”
- Album- A Pocket Full Of Miracles
- Grade: A-
- Peaked at #46 7 weeks in the Billboard Hot 100.
In 1970 Smokey Robinson and The Miracles had 3 Hot 100 singles but it wasn’t until the 3rd one- later in the year- “The Tears Of A Clown”- until one cracked the Top 40- and it went to #1. Considering all the great singles they had in the 1960’s- their two #1 hits- didn’t come until near the end of Smokey’s time with the Miracles and one a few years after he left- “Love Machine”- 1975.