Billboard #1 Hits: #182: “Happy Together”- The Turtles. March 25, 1967. #1 for 3 weeks.
- Single: “Happy Together”- The Turtles
- Record Company- White Whale
- Genre: Pop Rock
- Written by Alan Gordon and Garry Bonner
- Time: 2:50
- B-side: “Like The Seasons”
- Album-Happy Together
- Grade: A
- Peaked at #1 for 3 weeks in the Billboard Hot 100. #12 in UK Singles Chart.
This song which was written by Alan Gordon and Garry Bonner former members of The Magicians- had been rejected by a dozen acts and the the demo acetate had worn out by the time it was offered to and accepted by The Turtles. This would be the only #1 hit for The Turtles who would break up in 1970. Overall they had 9 Top 40 hits- with 8 of those cracking the Top 20.