- KRIS KRISTOFFERSON: SINGER-SONGWRITER: 1991: 2 CDS: COUNTRY: GRADE: A. IPOD. 2 discs one is of famous covers of Kristofferson songs- the other disc is of Kristofferson. I have been listening to him for so long that I prefer Kris singing the songs to the covers- although there are some excellent covers of his songs here. His strength is as a songwriter- one of the greatest songwriters in country music history and when he came along in the late 60’s early 70’s a game changer in Nashville. His voice may be an acquired taste but I tend to like odd singing voices. Kris had a relatively late start- like another great songwriter of the time Leonard Cohen- Kris was approaching his mid 30’s when his first album came out. He made up for lost time though as the hottest songwriter in the business and also started a movie career- it’s easy to forget how big he was in the early to mid-70’s. My favorite Kristofferson songs: Me And Bobby McGee, Sunday Morning Coming Down, Help Me Make It Through The Night, Please Don’t Tell Me How The Story Ends, If You Don’t Like Hank Williams, Loving Her Was Easier, For The Good Times, Why Me and my favorite The Pilgrim Chapter 33. He was never a big hitmaker on his own-even on the country chart he had 9 Hot 100 county songs-and only 1 made the Top 40 in country and it went to #1 ‘Why Me”
- KRIS KRISTOFFERSON; THE ESSENTIAL: 2004: 2 CDS: COUNTRY: GRADE: A+. IPOD:
- KRIS KRISTOFFERSON: KRISTOFFERSON: 1970: COUNTRY: GRADE: A+ IPOD:
- KRIS KRISTOFFERSON: THE SILVER TONGUED DEVIL AND I: 1971: COUNTRY: GRADE: A. IPOD.
- KRIS KRISTOFFERSON: A MOMENT OF FOREVER: 1995: COUNTRY: GRADE: B+: IPOD:
- KRIS KRISTOFFERSON: PLEASE DON’T TELL ME HOW THE STORY ENDS: THE PUBLISHING DEMOS: 1968-72: 2010: COUNTRY: GRADE: A: APPLE: The first release of demos that Kristofferson made while a janitor at Columbia records in the late 60’s- many of these songs would become classics.