Oops forgot to post this yesterday-
- BOB DYLAN: OH MERCY: 1989: 4 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Oh Mercy or Infidels would get my vote for best Dylan album of the 80’s-
- BOB DYLAN: UNDER THE RED SKY: 1990: 2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Just when it was safe to go outside- Dylan lays this turkey of an album. Could be his worse. Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle.
- THE BEATLES: BEATLES FOR SALE: 1964: 5+ STARS OUT OF 5 STARS:
- THE BEATLES: HELP!: 1965: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS:
- THE CLASH: THE CLASH: 1977: 5+ STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: The classic debut and the most punk album of their career. Sadly it took a couple years for it to be released in the USA. I had read about it long before I ever actually got to hear it. It was worth the wait.
- THE CLASH: COMBAT ROCK: 1982: 4 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: The last Clash album- unless you count Cut The Crap -which was. I saw The Clash on this tour- the night after seeing Elvis Costello. It doesn’t get better than that. Very good but not great album- I like it more and more as time passes.
- QUEEN: JAZZ: 1978: 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: An album that got mixed reviews at the time- but I’ve always liked it- the single from it was “Fat Bottomed Girls” and “Bicycle Race” Favorites- “Don’t Stop Me Now” “If You Can’t Beat Them” and “In Only Seven Days.”