- FLEETWOOD MAC: THEN PLAY ON: 1969: 4 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Fleetwood Mac’s third album- back when they were still a blues band not a pop-rock band. It was the last album with Peter Green and the first with Danny Kirwan. The reviews at the time were mixed- modern reviews are more favorable- pretty good album.
- AMON DUUL II: PHALLUS DEI: 1969: 3 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: German band one of the founders of Krautrock. This was their debut album. Over the years they have released 15 albums- I must admit to not being at all familiar with them. This album along with Can’s Monster Movie is often credited as being the first Krautrock album- I prefer the Can album.
- BILL MONROE: 16 GEMS: 1996: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: A collection of Bill Monroe and The Bluegrass Boys from the time Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs were in his band. There are only two genres of music that when I hear it mentioned I think of one artist- Bluegrass- Bill Monroe- Reggae – Bob Marley.
- THE BEATLES: PLEASE PLEASE ME: 1963: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: A Beatles binge day- the first five albums- I have listened to these albums so much and have reviewed them in the past- so today just the listing of the ones I listened to.
- THE BEATLES: WITH THE BEATLES: 1963: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS:
- THE BEATLES: A HARD DAY’S NIGHT: 1964: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS:
- THE BEATLES: BEATLES FOR SALE: 1964: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS:
- THE BEATLES: HELP! 1965: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: