- STEVE EARLE: GUITAR TOWN: 1986: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Debut album from one of my favorites. Going to see Steve in concert tonight- so it’s Steve Earle Day here! Guitar Town is the first song I heard by Steve on the radio- and the first time I heard it I was taken and have been a fan for life.
- STEVE EARLE: EXIT 0: 1987: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: A strong second album. Like the debut a country album–before he would turn to rock for album three. Best songs- Nowhere Road, No.29, The Rains Came Down, I Ain’t Ever Satisfied and A Week Of Living Dangerously.
- THE ROLLING STONES: BEGGAR’S BANQUET: 1968: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: December 6th is the 50th anniversary of this great album. I have always thought it strange that there were no hits on this album- considering two Stones classics are on the album- Sympathy For The Devil and Street Fighting Man- two songs that have been concert staples. A big bounce back recovery from the previous years Their Satanic Majesties Request- a poor man’s Sgt, Pepper.
- STEVE EARLE: COPPERHEAD ROAD: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Steve is playing his classic album start to finish tonight- the title song is one of his signature songs- the first side of the album is an early dose of Steve’s political side- side 2 is love songs. A great album.
- STEVE EARLE: SO YOU WANNA BE AN OUTLAW: 2017: 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Like many great artists Steve Earle is hard to pin down album to album. After a blues album- his most recent album- dedicated to Waylon Jennings is a Jennings like outlaw country album. Listened to it on the way to see Steve- since he’s playing about half of it in concert.
also- went to the Steve Earle 30th Anniversary of Copperhead Road concert- will write up a review in the next few days.