- VAN MORRISON: TUPELO HONEY: 1971: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: One of the most enjoyable Van The Man albums to listen to. He seemed to be happy at the moment. Favorites from the album- the title track is tremendous, Wild Night, Old Old Woodstock, When The Evening Sun Goes Down, I Wanna Roo You. Van was on a great run in the early 70’s.
- BOB DYLAN: BRINGING IT ALL BACK HOME: 1965: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Dylan’s 5th album- he has come along way since the debut album. Side one is electric, side 2 acoustic. The album was recorded in three days. Some stone cold classics here-Subterranean Homesick Blues, Mr. Tambourine Man, Maggie’s Farm, She Belongs To Me, It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue, It’s Alright,Ma and Gates Of Eden. And this isn’t even Bob’s best album of 1965.
- COURTNEY BARRETT: TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL: 2018: 4 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS:
- COURTNEY BARRETT: TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL: 2018: 4 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Listened to this twice in a row- got the cd over the weekend- I am a big fan of her first album and had heard several cuts from this on the radio. On the second listening the album was already kicking in. Favorite songs- City Looks Pretty and Nameless, Faceless
- COURTNEY BARRETT AND KURT VILE: LOTTA SEA LICE: 2017: 3 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Another pick up over the weekend- on first listen it is not reaching me as well as the 2nd Barrett solo album. Need more listens for sure. Interesting that after her first solo album she would do this collaboration. Barrett wrote only three of the songs.
listened to the first hour of this weeks Neon Beat on Radio George.