Goal is to listen to 1500 different albums in a 12 month period.
TODAY- listened to 5 different albums today. 98 day total 632 different albums. On pace for 2354 different albums.
- LED ZEPPELIN: HOUSES OF THE HOLY: 1973: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: I almost deducted it 1/2 a star due to D’yer Mak’er the most annoying song in Led Zeppelin’s catalog. The Rain Song, The Song Remains The Same, No Quarter, Dancing Days highlight this Zeppelin album which was a departure in sound and production from the first 4 Zeppelin albums.
- VAN MORRISON: BORN TO SING: NO PLAN B: 2012: 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Another strong album from Van. Van’s first album since 2008 and a theme is the financial crisis and materialism.
- WILLIE NILE: IF I WAS A RIVER: 2014: 4 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: An all-piano album from Nile instead of his usual guitar. Played on the same piano he was playing on the night John Lennon was assassinated. Nile that night was working in Studio A of The Record Plant in NYC -John and Yoko were in Studio C. A wonderful album that gets you on first listen.
- U2-ZOOROPA: 1993: 3 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: After The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby- this one was kind of a let down. When it first came out I didn’t like it but it has grown somewhat on me over the years. Numb. Lemon, Stay and The Wanderer featuring Johnny Cash are standouts.
- RADIOHEAD: OK COMPUTER: 1997: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Released 20 years ago last month- one of the most universally acclaimed albums of the past couple decades. Favorite songs from this Airbag, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, No Surprises but I like it all. It wasn’t one of those albums that got me on first listen though- took repeated listens.