Billboard Top 40 Hits 1971: #231: ‘I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing [In Perfect Harmony]- The Hillside Singers. November 27, 1971.
- Single: ‘I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing [In Perfect Harmony]- The Hillside Singers
- Record Company- Metromedia
- Genre: Pop
- Written by Bill Backer, Roger Cook, Billy Davis and Roger Greenaway
- Time: 2:16
- B-side: ‘I Believed It All’
- Album-I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing
- Grade: C
- Peaked at #13 12 weeks in Billboard Hot 100.
I have two memories of this song- one is- it was a Coke commercial- ‘Buy The World A Coke’- and then with the commercial lyrics dropped songs by both The Hillside Singers and The New Seekers. The other memory is- back in elementary school at the time- we had a traveling music teacher who would come in once a week on a Friday morning – always a highlight of the week because we got out of doing regular studies for a period- and for a few weeks the music teacher taught us to sing this song. Kind of a lame song but it is kinda catchy.