Billboard #1 Hits: #568: ‘Don’t You [Forget About Me]= Simple Minds. May 18, 1985
- Single: ‘Don’t You [Forget About Me]- Simple Minds
- Record Company- A&M
- Genre: Pop Rock
- Written by Keith Forsey and Steve Schiff
- Time: 4:20
- B-side: A Brass Band In Africa Chimes
- Album- The Breakfast Club Soundtrack
- Grade: A
- Peaked at #1 1 week in Billboard Hot 100. #7 in UK Singles Chart, #1 in Canada and Netherlands.
Yet another movie soundtrack #1 from the mid-80’s- this one from The Breakfast Club. This was the first of four Top 40 hits by the pop rock band fromed in Glasgow, Scotland. They were much bigger in the UK with 24 Top 40 hits and a string of hit albums. They deserved to be bigger than they were in the U.S. It wasn’t until years later that I discovered what I had been missing -as far as their music goes. I had previously just thought of them- as a band with a few good hits and that was that. Their singer Jim Kerr was married to Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders from 1984-90.