Billboard #1 Hits: #397: “Silly Love Songs”- Wings. May 22, 1976. #1 for 5 weeks in Billboard Hot 100.
- Single:”Silly Love Songs”- Wings
- Record Company- Capitol
- Genre: Pop
- Written by Paul and Linda McCartney
- Time: 5:54
- B-side:”Cook Of The House”
- Album- Wings At The Speed Of Sound
- Grade: A
- Peaked at #1 5 weeks in Billboard Hot 100. #2 in UK Singles Chart, #1 in Canada and Ireland.
“Silly Love Songs” was #1 for one week- May 22, 1976- fell out of the top spot for “Love Hangover”-Diana Ross for two weeks and then came back to reclaim the #1 spot for 4 more weeks. “Silly Love Songs” was written in response to criticism from John Lennon and some music critics that he was writing silly love songs and sentimental slush. “Silly Love Songs” would be the top Billboard Hit Single for 1976- he became the first artist to #1 year ending singles with two different groups. It was also his 27th #1 as a songwriter- another record.