Hans Remembers- Monday June 8, 1970- 50 Years Ago.
- A military coup d”etat in Argentina as Argentine President Juan Carlos Ongania is overthrown after he fired the commander-in chief of the Argentine Army- Lieutenant General Alejandro Agustin Lanusse. Ongania barricaded himself inside the presidential offices protected by 1200 members of his presidential guard. After 12 hours of negotiation Ongania was driven to army headquarters where he submitted his resignation. On June 14 General Roberto Levingston was designated as the new President by the three man unta that ad taken over.
- NHL Hall of Famer Mike Modano was born on this day in Livonia, Michigan. Modano has the most goals-561 and points-1374 of any American born NHL player ever.
- Gabby Giffords U.S. Representative for Arizona 2007-2012 was born in Tuscon, Arizona. She was severely wounded in an assassination attempt in 2011.
- Troy Vincent NFL star defensive back. A 5 time Pro Bowler he played for four different teams from 1992-2006. He is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame- he played his college ball at Wisconsin. Today he is the Vice President of Football Operations for the NFL.
- Dying on this day at the age of 62 of a heart attack he suffered while jogging- American psychologist Abraham Maslow. I can remember in a couple college classes ‘back in the day” having to learn Maslow’s theory of hierarchy of needs.