Hans Remembers- Thursday March 5, 1970- 50 years ago.
- The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty which was sponsored by the United States, Soviet Union and United Kingdom went into effect after being ratified b 47 nations. Treaty members agreed that they would not share nuclear weapons, nor acquire such weapons in the future.
- Airport- a disaster film premiered in New York City. Based on the novel by Arthur Hailey – the movie was made on a $10.2 million budget and would rake in $100.5 worldwide. The film won nine Academy Awards and its soundtrack won a Grammy Award.
- Aleksandar Vucic the President of Serbia since 2017 who had previously been the countries Prime Mininster was born 50 years ago in Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
- American actress Lisa Robin Kelly- who played Laurie Forman on That 70’s Show was born 50 years ago today in Southington, Connecticut. She died in 2013 of a drug overdose.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante was born 50 years ago in New York City.