Billboard #1 Hits: #96: “Fingerprints Pt.II”- Little Stevie Wonder. August 10, 1963. #1 for 3 weeks.
- Single: “Fingerprints Pt. II”- Little Stevie Wonder
- Record Company- Tamla
- Genre: R&B, Soul
- Written by Henry Cosby and Clarence Paul
- Time: Part I – 2:49 Part II- 3:09
- A-side- “Fingerprints Pt I” B-side “Fingerprints Pt.II”
- Album- The Jazz Soul Of Little Stevie
- Grade: A+
- Peaked at #1 3 weeks.
Stevie Wonder- R&B singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, producer. We all know about Stevie Wonder. He signed with Motown at 11 and made his first album at 12.- as Little Stevie Wonder. “Fingerprints” was originally an instrumental on Little Stevie Wonder’s 1962 album- The Jazz Soul of Little Stevie. A year later the single- was taken from a live show at the Regal Theater in Chicago- with a few stanzas of lyrics added. Marvin Gaye is playing the drums. In looking over the list of singles to hit #1 in 1963- I’d rank this as being the best. This would be 13 year old Stevie Wonder’s first #1 hit- he would eventually have a total of 9. It would not be until 1972 until he had his 2nd #1- “Superstition.”