The clues to Paul is Dead- exploded on The Beatles most famous album- Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. I don’t know how many hours I spent in my teenage years studying this album for clues. I got one of my copies out- if you have the album- I”d suggest you find it and follow along- if not there is the album posted above.
- Let’s start with the front cover- You see the hand above Paul’s head- an Eastern religions sign of signifying death.
- The Beatles are standing over a grave the flowers spell out BEATLES- in front of that you see flowers in the shape of a guitar- a left handed guitar- Paul was left handed. Also there are three stings on that guitar- only 3 Beatles now?
- Paul is the only one holding a black instrument.
- On the lower right and side of the album you see a doll- [Jane Asher -Paul’s girl at the time} looking over at flowers that appear to be a car in flames.
- If you hold a mirror to the exact middle of the bass drum on the cover- horizontally it spells out “I ONE IX HE DIE”
Hold a mirror up to the exact middle of the bass drum that features the “Sgt. Pepper” logo, horizontally, and it spells out “I ONE IX HE DIE.” This refers to the date of Paul’s death — November 9th.
- When you open the album to the photo of The Beatles- Paul is the only one who appears seated-[signifying he is different} There is an arm band on Paul’s uniform O.P.D– Officially Pronounced Dead?
- Turning to the back of the album- George, John and Ringo are all facing us- Paul’s turned facing the other way. The lyrics were printed on the back [the first album to do so} and the title Within You Without You appear over Paul’s head. Also the lyric “We never glimpse the truth until we pass away.”
- The back cover is blood red a reminder of the bloody car crash that took Paul’s life?
- George is pointing to the lyric from “She’s Leaving Home”- “Wednesday morning at five o’clock”- the time of the fatal crash?
- The lyrics- in what many consider The Beatles greatest song- “A Day In The Life”- John sings “he blew his mind out in a car he didn’t notice that the lights had changed. A crowd of people stood and stared, they’d seen his face before.”
- In “Good Morning Good Morning”- “nothing to do to save his life.”
- In the inner groove on side 2- in the British release of the album if you play it backwards it sounds like they are saying “Will Paul come back as Superman?”
Next we will have the Magical Mystery Tour album where the plot thickens even more.