- JOE WALSH: YOU BOUGHT IT- YOU NAMED IT: 1983: ROCK: GRADE: C. VINYL: I really liked But Seriously Folks and There Goes The Neighborhood was decent so when this came out I bought it- a big disappointment. A couple songs are alright- I Can Play That Rock and Roll and maybe Class of ’65. The rest is Joe trying to be funny- it falls flat.
- THE BEATLES: PLEASE PLEASE ME: 1963: POP ROCK: GRADE: A+. IPOD:
- THE BEATLES: WITH THE BEATLES: 1963: POP ROCK: GRADE: A+: IPOD:
- THE BEATLES: A HARD DAY’S NIGHT: 1964: POP ROCK: GRADE: A++. IPOD:
- THE BEATLES: FOR SALE: 1964: POP. ROCK. GRADE: A: IPOD:
- CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL: COSMOS FACTORY: 1970: ROCK: GRADE: A+. VINYL: Travelin’ Band, Lookin’ Out My Back Door, Run Through The Jungle, Up Around The Bend, Who’ll Stop The Rain, Long As I Can See The Light- essential CCR. At 11:05 their cover of “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” is about 9 minutes too long.
- NICK LOWE: NICK THE KNIFE: 1982: ROCK: GRADE: B. VINYL: Nick’s third album- his first two were brilliant- so this one has always seemed like a disappointment to me- Heart is a great song but I like the earlier Rockpile version more. “Stick It Were The Sun Don’t Shine”, “Burning”, “Queen Of Sheba”,”Too Many Teardrops” are songs to hear- not a bad album just not up to the standards he set earlier.