Hans Remembers- News Headlines from 50 years ago today- Thursday June 5, 1969.
- Falling space debris from a Soviet spacecraft hit the Japanese freighter ship Dai Chi Chinei after it reentered the Earth’s atmosphere. Five of the crewmen on the ship were injured seriously by a chunk of debris . This was the first incident on record of falling space debris causing damage on planet Earth.
- A U.S. Air Force RC-135E reconnaissance spy plane disappeared along with 19 crew onboard while flying over the Aleutian Islands in Alaska. The plane wasn’t shot down it had sent a distress call out to Elmendorf AIr Force Base. No trace of the aircraft or of its crew has ever been found.
- A bunch of commie leaders and representatives from around the world met in Moscow for the International Meeting of Communist and Workers Parties meeting. I bet that was a blast.
- Speaking of commies- Joan Baez- and Donovan [not to link Donovan as a commie} performed in London at a rally for nuclear disarmament.
- The Doors concert documentary “Feast of Friends” premiered at the Cinematheque in Los Angeles.