- WARREN ZEVON: MUTINEER: 1995: 3 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: The songs are well written the performances are a mixed bag. Seminole Bingo is one of my favorite Warren songs ever- The Indifference Of Heaven, Monkey Wash Donkey Rinse and the title track are standouts. I saw Warren twice in this period- one was one of the best concerts I’ve ever seen and one was one of the worst. The concerts were a year apart -strange. The second one he seemed to be struggling.
- WARREN ZEVON: LIFE’LL KILL YA: 2000: 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: A couple years after this album he was diagnosed with terminal cancer -but you would have thought he already knew- many songs here are dealing with the topic of death. His first album in 5 years- Porcelain Monkey [about Elvis} I Was In The House When The House Burned Down, a cover of Stevie Winwood’s Back In The High Life Again, Life’ll Kill Ya and Don’t Let Us Get Sick are highlights- Warren rallied with three strong albums in his last few years.
- CHUCK BERRY: BERRY IS ON TOP: 1959: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: A collection of previously released singles-Almost Grown, Maybellene, Carol, Johnny B. Goode, Little Queenie, Around and Around, Roll Over Beethoven- Chuck Berry was the real King of Rock and Roll.
- THE BEATLES: WITH THE BEATLES: 1963: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Ranking the songs on this in order 1- All My Loving- 2- It Won’t Be Long 3- Money [That’s What I Want} 4-All I’ve Got To Do 5- I Wanna Be Your Man 6-Please Mr. Postman 7-You Really Got A Hold On Me 8- Not A Second Time 9- Roll Over Beethoven 10-Little Child 11-Hold Me Tight – 12- Don’t Bother Me 13-Devil In Her Heart 14-Till There Was You.
- COURTNEY BARNETT: SOMETIMES I SIT AND THINK AND SOMETIMES I JUST SIT: 2015: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: A stunning debut and one of my favorite albums of the decade so far. An album that proves rock and roll isn’t dead yet. Filled with smartly written songs. Elevator Operator,Pedestrian At Best, Debbie Downer, Dead Fox, Nobody Really Cares If You Don’t Go TO The Party are some of my favorites on this.
- THE BEATLES: A HARD DAY’S NIGHT: 1964: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Songs in the order of favorites- 1- A Hard Day’s Night 2- If I Fell 3- Can’t Buy Me Love 4-I Should Have Known Better 5-Any Time At All 6- And I Love Her 7-Tell Me Why 8- Things We Said Today 9-You Can’t Do That 10-I’ll Be Back 11-I’ll Cry Instead 12-When I Get Home 13- I’m Happy Just To Dance With You.
- WARREN ZEVON: MY RIDE’S HERE: 2002: 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Somehow Warren must have known- on Life’ll Kill You and My Ride’s Here many of the songs seemed preoccupied with death- and he had yet to have been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Favorites here- Sacrificial Lambs, Basket Case, Macgillycuddy’s Reeks ,Genius and My Ride’s Here.