- ELVIS PRESLEY: SUNRISE: 1999: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: DISC 1
- ELVIS PRESLEY: SUNRISE: 1999: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: DISC 2: On the 50th anniversary of his famous ’68 Comeback Special- thought I’d go back and listen to the beginnings- Elvis at Sun in the mid 1950’s. If he had recorded these and then disappeared he would still be hailed as a legendary figure. Kind of the Robert Johnson of rock and roll. He never was better.
- LED ZEPPELIN: HOUSES OF THE HOLY: 1973: 4 1/2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Kind of a let down after Led Zeppelin IV aka Zoso but a pretty good album. The Rain Song, The Crunge, Dancing Days my favorite songs- D’yer Mak’er in the running for my worst Zeppelin song- overplayed.
- STEVE EARLE: COPPERHEAD ROAD: 1988: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: A listen to get me psyched up for the Steve Earle concert on Wednesday.
- VAN MORRISON: VEEDON FLEECE: 1974: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: The closest that Van has come to that stream of consciousness Astral Weeks type album- after Astral Weeks. After years living in America – a trip back to Ireland heavily influenced this work. One of my favorite Van albums.