Goal is to listen to 1500 different albums in a 12 month period.
TODAY- Listened to 5 different albums. Total for 73 days- 461 different albums. On pace for 2305 different albums.
- THE ROLLING STONES: BRIDGES TO BABYLON: 1997: 3 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Sounds like a Stones album. Not bad but hardly classic Stones. Since this one twenty years ago they have released only one album of new material and one of covers. ‘Out Of Control”, “Saint of Me” and “Anybody Seen My Baby” highlights on this effort.
- RON SEXSMITH: BLUE BOY: 2001: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. The first Ron Sexsmith album I bought. I heard Steve Earle produced this guy so if Steve was involved that was good enough for me. After a couple listens I bought up all his albums and have been a big fan since. “Just My Heart Talkin'”, “Tell Me Again,”, This Song”, “Keep It In Mind” just a few favorites from this one.
- THE AVETT BROTHERS: EMOTIONALISM: 2007: 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: Avett’s at this point have come into their own- their next album with Rick Ruben is when they would bust open. Highlights here :”Die, Die, Die”, “Shame”, “All My Mistakes.” Good album from start to finish.
- ELVIS COSTELLO: NORTH: 2003: 3 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS: After a return to rock’n roll on “When I Was Cruel” -EC goes easy listening on this one. It went to #1 on the Billboard Jazz chart in the US. An album of ballads. EC won’t make anyone forget Frank Sinatra.
- ROSANNE CASH: KING’S RECORD SHOP: 1987: 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. Four #1’s on the country singles charts on this one- including Rosanne’s cover of her fathers “Tennessee Flat Top Box”- and “Runaway Train’, ” The Way We Make A Broken Heart” and “If You Change Your Mind.” I’ve always had a crush on Rosanne. Underrated. Her last album from a few years ago may be her finest.