Goal is to listen to 1500 different albums in a 12 month period.
TODAY- LISTENED TO 5 DIFFERENT ALBUMS. TOTAL FOR 23 DAYS- 141 DIFFERENT ALBUMS- ON PACE FOR 2238 DIFFERENT ALBUMS.
- FRANK SINATRA: COME FLY WITH ME: 1958: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. Another Sinatra concept album from his Capital years. He also changed arrangers for the third time in three albums going with Billy May this time.
- THE BEATLES: ABBEY ROAD: 1969: 5 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. The Beatles final recorded album. “Let It Be” was in the can but needed a lot of work done with it. Somehow they pulled it all the bad feelings aside and produced this classic. The two best songs on the album in my opinion were George Harrison songs- “Here Comes The Sun”- one of my favorite Beatles songs and “Something.” The medley of songs on side 2 what the album is most noted for. The album cover is pretty cool too.
- U2- BOY: 1980. 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. U2’S debut. From 1980- 1988 U2 released six studio albums. In the past thirty years they have released seven. Bono too busy saving the world I guess.
- TAYLOR SWIFT: TAYLOR SWIFT: 2006. 4 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. Debut album by the then 16 year old Swift. As long as she keeps having relationship problems I predict a long career. This album would fall under country music I guess- I think she made a good career decision going pop.
- VAN MORRISON: WAVELENGTH: 1978: 3 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. More of a pop sound than in the past. Another mediocre album but it sold pretty well.